This top-shelf vegan strawberry margarita cheesecake is homemade, no bake, and pairs well with tacos.
I’m on a cheesecake kick lately – as evidenced here – and I wanted to create a cheesecake recipe that fit right in for Cinco de Mayo. This vegan strawberry margarita cheesecake definitely does the trick. Why drink your margaritas when you can have them as cheesecake? Okay, okay, you can have both!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You can make it ahead of time and freeze it so that you can have it waiting patiently for whenever you want to break it out.
- It doesn’t require any baking.
- It tastes like a margarita – salt optional.
- Can I freeze this cheesecake? You can! This is a great make-ahead recipe. To freeze, you simply place in the freezer instead of the fridge during that step of the instructions. Just thaw in the fridge when you want to have it. Don’t put your toppings on before freezing because they may not thaw well. Just add them when you intend to serve.
- Is this cheesecake okay for kids? Because this cheesecake is not baked, the alcohol is NOT cooked out of this recipe. I served a piece to my neighbor and she told me that she could feel the effects of the tequila. I do not recommend giving this dessert to anybody under 21.
Looking for More Cheesecakes?
Vegan Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake
- 1 store-bought pie crust OR
- 1 crust from this brown sugar peach cheesecake recipe
- 16 oz vegan cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp tequila *
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 medium strawberries diced
- zest of 1 lime
- coarse sea salt optional
- Prepare your crust first if you are using the one from my Brown Sugar Peach Cheesecake recipe. Put your crust in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Add cheesecake ingredients cream cheese through vanilla to a mixer and mix until the cream cheese has a whipped consistency. 2 minutes on high should be enough if the cream cheese is softened.
- Add the strawberry pieces and fold them in until they are evenly disbursed.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the crust and smooth it out in a flat and even layer.
- Top with lime zest and optional coarse salt.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or until set.