These vegan lavender lemon cookies are soft, chewy, and sweet with a punch of lemon and a hint of lavender.
Lavender + lemon must mean that spring is finally here! These cookies just scream, “Spring is upon us at long last!”
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You can have delicious vegan lavender lemon cookies ready to eat in under half an hour.
- The citrusy punch of lemon paired with the floral note of lavender is such a spring vibe. Instead of heavy and rich, I would describe these cookies as light and fresh.
- You can make a lot at one time, so it’s a great recipe for making to share with friends and family or just having lots for yourself.
- Can I make these vegan lavender lemon cookies ahead of time and freeze them? You can. Simply thaw them before eating. You can eat them cold or pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds so that they taste fresh-out-of-the-oven.
- Where can I buy dried lavender? I found mine at a local Mediterranean market, but you can also find it at some grocery stores, most spice shops, and online retailers such as Amazon. Just make sure the lavender you use is labeled as “culinary lavender” so that you know it’s safe for using in food.
Looking for More Cookie Recipes?
Lavender Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add flax meal, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix again until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
- Add dry mixture to mixing bowl and mix to combine
- Add the lavender and soy milk and mix a final time.
- Press about 2 tbsp of dough into palms of hands to form a ball and place on lined baking sheet. Do this evenly so that you end up with 24-30 cookies.
- Bake for 16 minutes at 350*F and then allow to cool on the tray so they firm up.