These decadent and chewy vegan cherry chocolate chip cookies are an easy-to-whip-up, delightful dessert.
Imagine the flavors of chocolate-covered cherries, but make it a warm and melty cookie. That’s what these vegan cherry chocolate chip cookies are. They’re also a tongue twister. Seriously, try saying cherry chocolate chip cookies five times fast and you’ll see what I mean.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The dough doesn’t require chilling, making it doable to get dessert made in under 30 minutes.
- Cherries and chocolate in every bite
- When served warm and melty with a glass of soy or oat milk, these cookies are just heavenly.
Looking for More Cookies?
Vegan Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop vegan gel food coloring (pink, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries drained and finely chopped, 3/4 cup before chopping
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine your flax meal and water in a bowl to create your flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry flour remains.
- Add milk and mix again.
- Fold in your chopped cherries and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon out a heaping tbsp size amount of dough and roll into a ball and place the ball on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, making sure to leave enough room for the cookies to spread a bit.
- Bake for 16 minutes and allow to cool on the tray until they are cool to touch.