These decadent and chewy vegan cherry chocolate chip cookies are an easy-to-whip-up, delightful dessert.
Imagine the flavors of chocolate-covered cherries, but make it a warm and melty cookie. That’s what these vegan cherry chocolate chip cookies are. They’re also a tongue twister. Seriously, try saying cherry chocolate chip cookies five times fast and you’ll see what I mean.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The dough doesn’t require chilling, making it doable to get dessert made in under 30 minutes.
- Cherries and chocolate in every bite
- When served warm and melty with a glass of soy or oat milk, these cookies are just heavenly.
Looking for More Cookies?
Vegan Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop vegan gel food coloring (pink, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries drained and finely chopped, 3/4 cup before chopping
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine your flax meal and water in a bowl to create your flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until no dry flour remains.
- Add milk and mix again.
- Fold in your chopped cherries and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon out a heaping tbsp size amount of dough and roll into a ball and place the ball on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, making sure to leave enough room for the cookies to spread a bit.
- Bake for 16 minutes and allow to cool on the tray until they are cool to touch.
As always, I love to see you guys take these recipes and make them your own. If you use this recipe as is or use it for inspiration, I’d love to see your creation. Tag me @holefoodbakery and/or use the hashtag #holefoodbakery so I don’t miss it.