I live for Taco Tuesdays, but if you choose to have these on any other day of the week, I won’t tell.
SALSA VERDE BEER TEMPEH
- 1 lb tempeh
- 2 cups salsa verde store bought is fine, bonus points if you make your own
- 12 oz beer I chose a wheat beer from our local Kansas City brewery
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Optional: tortillas guacamole, peppers, onion, cilantro
- Chop your tempeh into 1 inch cubes and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Top with salsa verde, beer, and cumin. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8. Make sure to monitor the meal towards the end of the cook time as most of the liquid will have cooked out and you don't want your tempeh to burn.