Drizzle this vegan pumpkin spice caramel on everything from brownies and ice cream to apples, popcorn, and more! Let this caramel inspire and enhance delicious fall treats.
As soon as the weather hits 100+ degrees F, I am counting down to fall. Not only do I enjoy the cooler weather and being able to walk outside of my house without turning into a puddle, I enjoy everything that Autumn brings. Football, changing leaves, sweater weather, and everything pumpkin spice.
Basic Pumpkin Spice B*tch
As I sip on my new iced Apple Crisp Macchiato from Starbucks (which is totally vegan if you sub in a plant milk like oat or soy!), I’m enjoying my first official taste of fall. While apple and brown sugar have a place in my heart, pumpkin spice is my number one fall love.
Honestly, I could enjoy pumpkin spice year round, but we as a society have not evolved to a level where that is deemed acceptable yet. Sigh…
I Put That On Everything
When developing this recipe, I wanted something that I could either:
a.) eat by the spoonful or
b.) put on any and everything whenever I got a craving for the pumpkin spice flavors of fall.
That, my dears, is how my vegan pumpkin spice caramel was born.
Here are some of my favorite ways to use this recipe:
- by the spoonful
- drizzled on popcorn
- as an addition to fully loaded apple nachos- with added walnut pieces, chocolate chips, your favorite nut butter, etc.
- dolloped on single-serve pumpkin spice mug cake (recipe coming soon!)
- On vanilla or coffee-flavored dairy-free ice cream
Looking for More Fall Flavors?
I’ve been hard at work over the summer getting some new and delicious fall recipes for you all, so keep your eyes open. To make sure you don’t miss out, you can join the cool kids club right here. I promise not to spam you.
Subscribe to Hole Food Bakery Newsletter
While you wait, here are some previous fall recipes that I’ve shared so that you can satisfy those fall flavor cravings.
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter divided into tablespoons
- 2 tbsp non-dairy creamer
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt or more for a salted caramel flavor
- Measure out all ingredients prior to turning heat on so that the sugar never has to be left unattended.
- Pour sugar in pot with high sides and turn to medium low. I kept my burner at a 3 out of 9.
- Stir often until the sugar turns to an amber liquid. The sugar will first begin to melt, then clump, and then finally achieve the light amber liquid.
- Once this happens, quickly add your butter and stir until melted. Your mixture should bubble at his point.
- After the butter has melted, add the non-dairy creamer 1 tbsp at a time and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Whisk until incorporated.
- Carefully pour the liquid into a jar and allow to come down to room temperature
As always, I love to see you guys take these recipes and make them your own. If you use this recipe as is or use it for inspiration, I’d love to see your creation. Tag me @holefoodbakery and/or use the hashtag #holefoodbakery so I don’t miss it.