I’m going to keep this one short and sweet, just like the recipe.
Melty. Warm. Pumpkin-spiced.
The perfect fall dessert.
Pressure Cooker Apple Pies
- 4 Fuji or Gala apples
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 4 tbsp vegan butter divided
- coconut whipped cream and pomegranate arils optional, for serving
- Slice the tops off of your apples and core the apples without cutting through to the bottom. Scoop out a little extra of the flesh so that you have room for your apple pie filling.
- Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- Divide the filling mixture evenly between the apples.
- Add 4 cups of water to your pressure cooker. Insert your steamer basket and place the apples on top.
- Top each apple with 1 tbsp of butter. This may seem like a lot, but it will melt and mix with the brown sugar and taste delicious.
- Seal your pressure cooker and cook on high for three minutes. The skins of the apples may crack during this time, but I personally didn't mind, nor did I find it affected the flavor.
- When the three minutes are up, do a quick release. This should take a minute or so.
- Serve warm (with optional whipped cream and a few pomegranate arils, if you fancy) and enjoy!