This vegan pizza pasta salad recipe with Italian sausage, tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives, mozzarella, and a zesty Italian dressing is a crowd-pleaser and an easy 30-minute dinner dish.
Today is a good day for several reasons. One of those reasons is that Taylor Swift blessed us overnight with the release of her surprise album, Folklore. You know I’m listening on repeat while I type this. I have questions (Are T-Swift and Joe still together? Who is Betty?) and I also have a leading favorite or two after my first listen through (“Illicit Affairs” and “Invisible String” so far, but things could change). I can’t wait to hear what other Swifties think of this album as we work through all the lyrics, hidden meanings, and Easter eggs together.
Another reason today is a great day? It’s Friday!
Need another reason? I’m bringing you this pizza pasta salad recipe! Isn’t that great??!
Perks of Pasta Salad
Pasta salads are a great option for a crowd or for a quick weeknight family dinner. You can either view it as eating pasta with extra vegetables or as a salad with some pasta thrown in.
This pasta salad saves well (making it fantastic for meal prep) and can be served chilled or reheated. I’ve had it both ways and it’s delicious no matter which way you choose.
Another perk of pasta salads is how easily versatile they are. If you don’t like olives, remove them. Have some extra zucchini? Toss it in. Prefer vegan pepperoni to sausage? Exchange it.
This pasta salad marries the flavors of a traditional sausage and veggie pizza with your favorite pasta and a zesty Italian dressing. The flavors I chose for this pizza pasta salad are:
- Vegan sausage crumbles
- Italian Dressing
Other Pastas, Salads, & Pasta Salads
Here are some other pastas, salads, and pasta salads you might like:
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 16 oz pasta of choice cooked and drained
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced ripe black olives
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix Italian sausage ingredients except for water together. Carefully add the boiling water over the top and mix together so the TVP gets rehydrated and absorbs the flavor.
- In a small bowl or a mason jar with lid, combine all of the Italian dressing ingredients. Stir together or screw lid closed on the jar and shake until the dressing is combined.
- Add the pasta salad ingredients and the Italian sausage to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the dressing and stir well so that the dressing coats your pasta salad.
- Serve cool or warm.
Now excuse me while I play Folklore on repeat for the remainder of July and at least all of “August”.