This homemade easy vegan pizza beer bread is made in under an hour from start to finish and is full of savory pizza flavors.
Let’s be honest with each other for a moment. It’s just the two of us, right? We’re all consuming more bread and alcohol than usual right now.
This pandemic, the quarantine-ing and self-isolating, are a wild and stressful time for us all. That increase in stress has led to many of us self-medicating with some extra carbohydrates and alcohol.
If this sounds like you, just know that you aren’t alone. I’ve used food as a way to cope for as long as I can remember. While I have learned some healthier coping methods throughout recent years, I still find myself slipping back into old habits when times are particularly stressful or I’m feel extra anxious.
And those are exactly the feelings I’m feeling nowadays.
Instead of consuming all of the bread and alcohol separately, why not just consume them together in the same dish? Everybody seems to be baking bread with all of their newfound time in their kitchens and my mother-in-law has been surprising us with delicious loaves of super simple beer bread. After we’d been through a few loaves and kept requesting more, I figured I could ask for the recipe and I was so surprised when I learned just how easy making the bread was.
Then I had a genius idea to take the simple, three-ingredient (flour, beer, and sugar) bread and take it up a notch by making it PIZZA bread.
This pizza beer bread is:
I really hope that you enjoy this bread.
More than that, I hope you and yours are staying healthy and well during this time.
Pizza Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 12 oz beer*
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (the kind NOT in oil) chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped (or you can substitute 2/3 tsp dried basil)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375* F and prepare a small (8"x4") bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In either a stand mixer or in a medium bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the flour and sugar.
- Slowly add the beer to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until the ingredients are dispersed throughout the dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread loaf pan and bake at 375* for 45 minutes