If you like peanut butter and jelly, you will love these vegan peanut butter and jelly muffins. They are packed with protein from flax seeds and peanut butter, making them a satisfying healthier snack or yummy breakfast option.
I don’t just kind of like peanut butter. I love it. When I was training for my bikini competition, it was one of my favorite indulgences. When I was pregnant, it was one of the few foods I could stomach. Heck, I even created an entire recipe book called The Peanut Butter Diet.
I am always looking for ways to incorporate peanut butter into recipes. This peanut butter and jelly muffin just seemed like the perfect twist on the classic.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It’s portable. You can eat it as you rush out the door or as you’re dropping your kids off in the school drop off line.
- Each muffin has protein from peanut butter, flax seeds, oatmeal, and vegan Greek yogurt, so they keep you feeling satisfied, making them a perfect breakfast option.
- They taste like nostalgia.
- Can I substitute a different jelly? As long as they’re not too high in water content, any jam or jelly would work just fine in these muffins. You can do a classic like strawberry, a little more bold like blackberry or peach jelly, or you could have an entire tastebud adventure with something like mango basil jam.
- Can I substitute a different nut butter? You can use any creamy nut butter, but I would not recommend a chunky butter. If you’d like bits of nuts in the batter, you can add those and fold in just before dividing your muffins into their tins.
- How about nut-free? You can use nut butter in place of the sun butter and make sure you use a nut-free plant milk and Greek yogurt. The yogurt I used is from Silk brand and is coconut-based.
More Recipes You'll Love
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp aquafaba
- 3 tbsp melted peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan Greek yogurt (I love Silk brand)
- 10 tsp strawberry jelly
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 10 muffin cups in a muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine until you no longer see dry flour.
- Divide your muffin batter between your 10 muffin tins.
- Add 1 tsp of jelly to each muffin and swirl with a toothpick
- Top each muffin with a half of a large strawberry.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.