This slightly tropical, highly delicious, simple vegan mango basil jam is made with just 4 ingredients and is wonderful on toast, bagels, biscuits, and waffles.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is oh so easy and requires only four ingredients.
- This vegan mango basil jam will be your new go-to in PB&Js. Seriously, try this with peanut butter!
- The mango gives this jam slightly tropical vibes and the basil is a surprising burst of flavor.
- Where can I use this? Use this jam anywhere you’d use jellies, jams, or preserves. I love it on toast with peanut butter, as pictured here. It’s also yummy in jam cookies and I’ve recently made a sunrise mango basil cake with it.
- Can I use frozen mango? Absolutely! Simply let the frozen mango thaw and then puree. You’ll want to use about two cups of frozen mango.
- Can I substitute dried basil for the fresh basil? In most recipes, I’d say go for it, but you’re really wanting the fresh basil taste here and that’s what I would recommend if it is available to you.
More Recipes You'll Love
Mango Basil Jam
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil chopped and packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Add flesh of mangoes to a food processor and pulse until the mangoes are pureed. Add the basil and process until the basil is chopped to small pieces and incorporated with the mango.
- In a saucepan, combine mangoes, basil, and sugar and bring to medium-low heat until it just begins to slowly bubble.
- Cook at this low temperature, stirring often with a whisk or wooden spoon, until the sugar has dissolved and the jam has thickened to the consistency you like.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.