This easy vegan eggnog overnight oats recipe is a simple, delicious, and festive breakfast option for busy mornings during the hectic holiday season.
I’m on an eggnog kick lately, if you haven’t noticed.
What’s not to like? There’s cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla all bundled together in one tasty beverage. It’s hard to catch me with a beverage other than hot cocoa once the cold weather hits, but eggnog is delicious and festive enough to have between breaks in my hot chocolate sessions. Sometimes you might catch me double fisting- hot cocoa in one hand and eggnog in the other.
Eggnog is typically made with dairy and, of course, eggs, but we vegans cannot be stopped in our pursuit of veganizing our favorites. I say this, but truth be told, I’d never had eggnog with actual eggs. The thought of it always kind of grossed me out. Besides, Grandma got run over by a reindeer when she’d been drinking too much eggnog and I wasn’t willing to take that kind of risk.
There are several vegan eggnog alternatives that already exist and there are more being released each year.
My favorites, in no particular order, are:
Because the holidays are my excuse to have festive eggnog and to essentially have dessert for breakfast, I decided to combine the two.
These vegan eggnog overnight oats are:
- Satisfying- those oats keep you feeling full
I hope you absolutely love them!
Eggnog Overnight Oats
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1.5 cups vegan eggnog
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Divide the oatmeal evenly between two containers with lids
- Pour half of the eggnog into each container and stir so that the oatmeal is covered and none remains dry
- Top each container with half of the brown sugar
- Store covered overnight
- When ready to eat, heat in microwave for 30-60 seconds. If you feel you need more liquid, you can add extra eggnog or water before heating.