Perfectly festive holiday cranberry pomegranate cream cheese dip with cranberries, pomegranate, apples, and spices. Not only is this a crowd-pleaser, but it makes your whole home smell like heaven.
The holidays might look a little different here in 2020, but we can still make the most of the situation we’re in. Turn on some festive music and stir up these classic and nostalgic flavors.
Tastes Like the Holidays
I didn’t tell Alex what was in this when I was making it, but the smell travelled through the house. When I told him to close his eyes and take a bite, the first words out of his mouth were “tastes like the holidays” and I knew I had a successful recipe on my hands.
I wanted something that you could gather around the table and graze while conversing with friends and family. I wanted a snack or an appetizer that could be consumed while the rest of Christmas dinner was cooking. Most of all, I wanted the flavors to be nostalgic and festive. I think this recipe does all of that.
Dip Dip Hooray
My favorite way to eat this cranberry pomegranate cream cheese dip is spread on top of classic graham crackers. Here are a few vegan options.
- Nabisco Grahams Original
- Keebler Graham Crackers Original
- Nairn’s Original Oat Grahams (pictured, gluten-free option!)
Other options for serving this might be on top of pancakes, served over yogurt, or stirred into your oatmeal. You could even use this dip as part of a vegan charcuterie board to add a sweet flavor.
If you do end up with more sauce than you want for your cream cheese, it would pair nicely served over dairy-free vanilla ice cream (especially while it’s still warm). We put our extra into a peach pie and it was incredible.
I’d love to hear what you come up with!
For more festive holiday favorites, check out these following recipes.
Cranberry Pomegranate Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (frozen is fine)
- 1 large apple diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprinkle salt
- vegan graham crackers for serving
- Combine ingredients from dried cranberries to a sprinkle of salt in a large sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often to help the sugar dissolve
- Once the contents of the sauce come to a boil, turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the apple pieces become very soft
- Spread softened cream cheese evenly over a serving platter, bottom of a bowl, or a baking dish.
- Top cream cheese with warm sauce and serve with graham crackers.
As always, I love to see you guys take these recipes and make them your own. If you use this recipe as is or use it for inspiration, I’d love to see your creation. Tag me @holefoodbakery and/or use the hashtag #holefoodbakery so I don’t miss it.