This vegan carrot cake yogurt bowl is creamy, simple, and so satisfying! It’s a healthy recipe that will keep you full. You can enjoy it for breakfast, as a nutritious dessert, or anytime you please.
After the holiday months of platters of cookies, mounds of fudge, and piles of chocolates, my body is really just craving vegetables at the moment. I feel like the Grinch after he’s done serving as the judge of the fudge and the Who Pudding Cookoff.
Instead of a New Year’s resolution of eliminating anything from my diet, I chose to focus on the goal of eating more foods that make my body feel good. For me, that means lots of plant-based proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables, and whole grains balanced with donuts and cupcakes that make my tummy feel happy too.
That said, this vegan carrot cake yogurt bowl is a great way to get in some vegan protein and up that vegetable intake.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You’re adding vegetables, and in this case a good source of vitamin A and beta-carotene, to your breakfast.
- This meal gets protein from your yogurt and walnuts, so you feel fuller longer.
- You can make this meal quickly for a fast breakfast option when you’re running behind or you can meal prep it and grab it on-the-go as you head out the door.
- What are your recommended vegan yogurts? I like the Silk Greek yogurts and Oui coconut-based vanilla.
- Can I substitute another nut in place of the walnuts? I believe you could sub most nuts in this recipe just fine. Pecans, almonds, and pistachios would all work well. Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and sunflower seeds would also make a great substitution for somebody looking for a nut-free variation.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love mixing carrots into sweet recipes? Try my carrot pie!
Looking for more breakfast options? Try these
Carrot Cake Yogurt Bowl
- 2 cups vanilla or plain vegan yogurt of choice (I really just love the texture of Greek yogurt)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp agave, or other sweetener of choice (adjust to sweetness preferences)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp raisins (I prefer golden)
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all of the base ingredients to a medium size bowl and stir until combined
- Divide the base mixture evenly between two bowls
- Divide toppings evenly between two bowls