*Recipe updated 4/15/21
Super easy and delicious blueberry muffin overnight oatmeal is a filling make-ahead breakfast that is perfect for meal prep.
A simple 5-ingredient meal that takes less than five minutes to prepare and both satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me feeling full? I’ll take it.
I’ve kind of taken my foot off the gas when it comes to recipe creating as I get close to my competition because:
- It’s just too close to have to deal with recipes that don’t work and having to wing it. I don’t do the best job staying on track when I’m “winging it”, so it’s easier for me to stick with what I know and…
- most of my recipe creations aren’t exactly meal plan approved or macro friendly, haha. If you were to look at my current recipe inspiration document, I’d guess at least 50% of the recipes are vegan cheesecakes. Sorry I’m not sorry.
When I was deciding what recipes to meal prep this week, I knew I wanted something sweet. I also needed it to be super filling.
I knew I could easily make oatmeal be both of those things at once, so I did.
And now I’m sharing it with you!
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh,, frozen, or thawed all work)
- 3 cups non-dairy milk of choice (I used vanilla oat milk) You can always add a dash of vanilla extract for the vanilla flavor if you don't have vanilla milk on hand
- 1 tbsp agave
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- zest of one lemon
- Add blueberries, nondairy milk, and agave to a blender and pulse. You still want your blueberries to be a little chunky so that you have a bit of a bite in your oatmeal. You can also start with less milk and add more if needed. This is completely based on personal preference, but you can see I like mine with quite a bit of liquid.
- Divide mixture evenly between three mason jars (or whatever container you have on hand).
- Add 3/4 cup of oatmeal to each serving
- Divide the lemon zest evenly amongst the containers
- Store for at least an hour and up to five days in the fridge before eating. You can either enjoy it cold or do as I do and heat it for 30 second or so.
As always, I love to see you guys take these recipes and make them your own. If you use this recipe as is or use it for inspiration, I’d love to see your creation. Tag me (@_heybrittney_) and/or use the hashtag #heybrittney so I don’t miss it.