This vegan Berry Christmas Triple Berry Pie is the most festive combination of tart and sweet, making it a perfect addition to your holiday dessert table.
With a hint of cinnamon, nutmeg, and rosemary and a burst of bright berries, this pie is one you’ll want to add to your holiday arsenal. When everbody has indulged in plates of cookies and fudge and they’re looking for something a bit fresher, this pie is sure to hit the spot.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Berry Christmas is punny
- It’s simple, especially if you use a store-bought pie crust
- The flavor combination is instantly nostalgic of Christmas and the holiday season
- Tart berries and sweet sugar balance each other nicely
Fun Pie Decorations
- Letter messages – make your pie say anything. I use these letter cutters.
- You could do a simple lattice, but that’s been done. Try this fancy herringbone lattice to really wow your friends and family.
- Cookie cutters come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and can make your pie crust anything from a winter wonderland to a beach scene.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a single crust? You can skip the top crust if you’re somebody who doesn’t like the extra crust. You’d be wrong, but you can do it.
- Can I freeze these? Absolutely, yes! After the pie is fully baked, you can cover and freeze for 2-3 months. Simply thaw it fully before eating.
- What should I pair this with? Pair your triple berry pie with hot chocolate or coffee and vegan vanilla ice cream.
More Recipes You'll Love
Looking for more pies and holiday desserts? Give these recipes a try.
Berry Christmas Triple Berry Pie
- Prepared 9" double pie crust recipe - for both bottom crust and top crust (homemade or store-bought) Link to my favorite never-fails recipe at the bottom of this recipe
- 2 cups cranberries frozen or fresh
- 2 cups strawberries frozen or fresh
- 2 cups blackberries frozen or fresh
- 1 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- aquafaba, for brushing over top crust
- Combine ingredients from cranberries to nutmeg in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until sugar is fully dissolved and berries are juicy, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to smash the berries while stirring.
- Enjoy the smell of your berry mixture 🙂
- Carefully spoon out one half cup of juice from the mixture into a small bowl. Add cornstarch and stir until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan and stir until thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add vegan butter. Stir until the butter has melted. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Pour the mixture into unbaked pie shell. If using a top crust, prepare your lattice or other design and brush over with a thin layer of aquafaba.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes have elapsed, remove pie and cover with aluminum foil. Return to oven for 15 more minutes.