Vegan crispy air fryer avocado fries make a perfect quick and healthy snack or side dish that is creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
File these air fryer avocado fries under recipes that you never knew you always wanted. That reminds me of a song…
Okay, that may be a little bit dramatic, but these air fryer fries really are that good. Part of what makes them stand out from other boring side dishes is that they are crispy fried goodness on the outside and soft creamy goodness on the inside. They’re just the right balance of crunchy and smooth.
I love how quickly and easily these avocado fries come together in the air fryer. Definitely a bonus as the weather is heating up since nobody wants to heat the house more by running the oven.
Crispy Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- 2 large avocados slightly under ripe
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup original soy milk or other plant based milk of choice
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise and gently remove the pit. Cut each half into five pieces lengthwise.
- Combine mayo and milk in a bowl. Combine bread crumbs through pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip avocado pieces in mayo mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture and place on a plate.
- Air fry in single layer at 350*F for 6 minutes, shaking gently halfway through to avoid sticking.